USCCA Michigan Concealed Pistol License – CPL Certification Class – 8 Hours
This is the class you will take to become certified to carry a concealed pistol in the State of Michigan. After you pass this class, you will receive a certificate of completion which enables you to apply for your CPL. If you want to legally carry your handgun concealed, this is the class for you.
Not only is this class a legal requirement for obtaining your CPL, our Michigan Concealed Pistol License class is a comprehensive course for anyone considering owning a firearm for self-defense. You will benefit from this class whether you plan to carry concealed or keep a home defense firearm. The course is a complete guide and will cover some of the following:
- Safe storage, use and handling of a pistol
- Ammunition knowledge, and the fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Situational awareness
- Conflict avoidance
- Pistol shooting positions
- Firearms and the law, including civil liability issues
- Avoiding criminal attack and controlling a violent confrontation
- All laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol in this state
This course complies with section 5j of 1927 PA372 - Michigan PA 381 of 2000, which is the State of Michigan's law covering carrying a concealed pistol.
We will have beverages available on site for purchase. Class will be held from 12pm to 8pm and will have a dinner break for 30 minutes. Dinner breaks will be off site and there are many places within 1 mile radius of Range 517 to grab a bite.
Students will be required to pass a written and live fire shooting test and are encouraged to have practiced with their handgun from 2-10 yards prior to taking the CPL course.
All firearms brought to class must be able to function and in excellent working condition.
- Handgun (rentals are available for $15 plus the cost of ammo)
- Appropriate case, holster, or lock box for your handgun (available for purchase)
- 50 rounds of factory new ammo - No steel core or bi-metal bullets (range ammunition available for purchase in-store)
- Eye and ear protection (available for purchase in-store)
- Range appropriate attire – (NO tank tops, no open toed shoes)
- Mask required for classroom - (All state and federal Covid-19 guidelines will be adhered to)
Prerequisite – Must be 21 or older
Course Fee - $150
Student Count – 40
Back to Handgun Classes